Do you wish to unlock iPhone 4S on the latest firmware? Here is what you should do first. Look for an unlocking tool that you can be absolutely sure of. It is very easy to come across jailbreaking and unlocking tools online. The problem is there are far too many options to choose from. Once you have figured that one out you can go ahead with the jailbreaking and unlocking of iPhone.
How to Safely Unlock iPhone 4S on iOS 6.1.3
Jailbreaking is the first step towards unlocking an iPhone. You cannot unlock iPhone 4S unless you have jailbroken it first. Jailbreaking allows you to get rid of the restrictions on downloading third party applications on your iPhone. For commercial purposes Apple does not allow iPhone users to download and use applications from anywhere but the App store. Jailbreaking is going to remove that restriction.
Unlocking the device will permit you to use SIM card from any other network provider. Ideally, you are only allowed to use the official network on your iPhone. That might not be a great deal for many as the packages offered are often expensive. By unlocking you can subscribe to any network provider and use your iPhone on their network. You will require using a SIM cutter as iPhone supports micro-SIM only.
So what are the other benefits of jailbreaking and unlocking your iPhone 4S? For starters, you are going to save up big time. The applications available at the Apple Store are expensive. You might not feel like shelling out so much money on a single application. By jailbreaking you can download applications for free and use it on the iPhone.
Unlocking the iPhone will allow you to use pay as you go SIM cards on the iPhone. You can make cheaper local calls. You can also choose to use the original SIM card after unlocking the iPhone. By doing that you are just keeping your options open. It comes handy for people who travel frequently.
Steps for Jailbreaking Your iPhone 4S
As you know, you require to jailbreak your iPhone first. The first thing you should know about the process is that it does not change much as the firmware upgrades. What happens is, the jailbreaking tool is upgraded and the rest of the process is automatically carried out. You do not need to be a techie to jailbreak or unlock your iPhone 4S. You just need to be able to follow the instructions carefully. Choose the unlocking tool carefully. Make sure it is compatible with the version of iPhone that you are using. Let us look at the steps to jailbreak iPhone 4S and then unlock the iPhone 4S.
- Step 1: Go to this website and purchase the latest iPhone jailbreaking and unlocking solution.
- Step 2: Switch your iPhone 4S off and connect it to your computer via USB.
- Step 3: Select the jailbreaking tool and launch it. It will automatically start working.
- Step 4: Follow all the instructions that are being provided on-screen. You will be asked to put your iPhone on DFU mode. The instructions for that will be provided on-screen.
- Step 5: You know you are almost done when you see the icon of Cydia on the spring board of your iPhone 4S.
- Step 6: Launch Cydia on the springboard of your iPhone. Tap on the option that says ‘Sources’. Click on ‘Edit’ and go to ‘Add’.
- Step 7: Search for the appropriate repository address and again look for the unlocking software you just downloaded. Install it.
- Step 8: Once it has been installed, choose the country and carrier name.
- Step 9: Type in the IMSI of your iPhone 4S.
- Step 10: Launch the latest version of iTunes and switch your iPhone off. Switch it on again and launch iTunes.
- Step 12: Reboot iPhone 4S and insert the SIM card you choose to use on your unlocked iPhone.
- Step 13: You will know that the process is complete when you get signal on your iPhone.
- Step 14: You are now ready to use your unlocked iPhone on any network carrier.
Basebands compatible with an unlocked iPhone 4S
There are again a few things that must be kept in mind before choosing a jailbreaking and how to unlock iPhone 4s software for your iPhone. There are some unlocking iPhone 4S tools that might require you to downgrade your firmware before continuing with the process. Find out if that is the case with your software. The software you choose to purchase should also shoulder the responsibility for future updates and more importantly technical support.
The customer support of the unlocking tools is something you must consider ahead of purchasing a tool. Call up and clarify any doubt that you have. Unlocking and jaibreaking are both reversible processes. You can go back to your non-jailbroken non-unlocked iPhone any day you want. But, if you damage your iPhone in the process of jailbreaking or unlocking it, you might lose the warranty altogether. So, be very careful when you choose the software to iPhone 4S unlock. A good iPhone 4S unlocking tool will always come with easy to understand instructions. They will always update the software as soon as it is released. Read some online reviews before purchasing.
If you are still questioning why you should unlock your iPhone there are still some pretty good reasons. You can only realize the full potential of a brilliant smartphone like iPhone 4S when it is jailbroken and unlocked; unless of course you are willing to spend thousands of dollars on expensive apps. No official network provider will unlock the iPhone for you until and unless the contract period is over. And by the time it is over you have a new software to update to and the same problem arises.
The resale value for unlocked iPhones is higher. So, anytime you wish to sell your iPhone; you can command a higher price if your iPhone is unlocked. iPhone 4s unlocking is safe. And if you get the right unlock iPhone 4s software you can be sure that the process will be successful. Even you can do it yourself at home by following the simple instructions.